IDA Provider Directory
- Click here – contact information for IDA professional members who indicate they provide services to the dyslexic community. IDA does not recommend or endorse any individual, business, school or program. We list these contacts to help you network with those involved in the issues of dyslexia.
Virginia Department of Education
- The Virginia Department of Education, sponsor of T/TAC Online, also supports eight regional T/TACs that comprise a statewide system emphasizing collaboration in the planning and provision of services to meet state and local staff development needs. The site was designed and developed by George Mason University students and professors. The mission of Virginia’s Training and Technical Assistance Centers (T/TAC) is to improve educational opportunities and contribute to the success of children and youth with disabilities (birth – 22 years). The Centers provide quality training and technical assistance in response to local, regional, and state needs. T/TAC services increase the capacity of schools, school personnel, service providers, and families to meet the needs of children and youth. http://ttaconline.com
Testing/Evaluation Services in Virginia
- Testing and evaluation is a key ingredient for positive academic interventions for the dyslexic individual. The following sources may be a guide to finding adequate services in Virginia. The VBIDA must again disclaim any responsibility for quality and integrity of these services. However, the organization believes the following list to be valuable tool for those interested in obtaining an evaluation. Evaluations for dyslexia fall under the designation of special education. Dyslexic students are most often identified under a designation of speech/language and/or specific learning disability.
Public School Evaluations
- All school aged children may be able to secure an evaluation in the public school division in which the child is educated. Educational testing and evaluation is available to school aged students if the school system suspects that the student may have a disability that impacts the student’s ability to have access to his learning.
- Private evaluations are available through both private psychologists and psychiatrists. These evaluations are paid for by the individual requesting the testing services or by an individual’s private or corporate health insurance.
3126 West Cary Street, #102, Richmond, VA 23221
Phone Toll Free
IDA Virginia Regions
Counties listed below for each region
|Isle of Wight County
|King and Queen County
|Charles City County
|King George County
|King William County
|James City County
|New Kent County
|Prince Edward County
|Prince George County